Workshops, Certificates, and Becoming a HAT
This is a common misconception about our organization. Unlike with service animals, we simply screen animals that owners believe to have the good temperament to become a therapy animal. We treat therapy animals like partners and they must have a trained human handler. We hold certificate training courses for humans about Animal-Assisted Interventions before screening their animal companion. Both the human and the animal have to pass the test and screening in order to become a Human-Animal Team.
Your pet should be at least one year old, healthy, and have updated vaccination records and health clearance for therapy work from your veterinarian. Spayed/Neutered is preferred but not required.
The Human has to undergo our Animal-Assisted Interventions (AAI) certificate course and pass a test while the Animal must pass a screening with a professional animal trainer before becoming a Therapy Animal. They will both undergo a screening process together in order to become a Human-Animal Team (HAT).
Yes, our certificate courses have a fee. Please check our program details for the individual workshop fees. We do have webinars which you can access for free on our YouTube channel.
Yes, you will get a certificate after each workshop and after completing the course.
Yes, we require all our freshly minted HATs, aside from passing the screening, to observe an actual session and undergo mentoring with our senior experienced HATs.
Please follow our social media channels to receive announcements about our programs.
You also have the option to subscribe to our newsletter. Don’t worry, we won’t spam you every week or sell your personal info. To subscribe, please fill up the inquiry form with your name, email, and “Newsletter Subscription” as the subject.
I want to join Communitails
If you’re a student looking for an internship, an advocate looking for a place to volunteer, or someone looking to apply for an open position, please email your curriculum vitae and cover letter (interns/applicants) or letter of intent (volunteers) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject format [INTERNSHIP/VOLUNTEER/APPLICANT] – [FULL NAME].
Internship – Juan Dela Cruz
Volunteer – Maria Tan
Applicant – Alex Lopez
Please address your letter to the President of Communitails, Dr. Rohani Navarro, DVM.
Yes we do! We currently offer:
- Customized Animal Assisted Intervention (AAI) program for institutions and offices
- Feel free to send us an email at email@example.com so we can set up a meeting and we can give you an in-depth explanation of our services!
- Starter package of Animal Assisted Activities (AAA)
- Two (2) AAA sessions with our trained HAT
- We will be requiring details about:
- specific activity – activity will depend on your needs, so let’s talk!
- location of activity
- parking space if available
- coordinator (name and number)
- Animal-Assisted Therapy (AAT)
- Animal-Assisted Education (AAE)
- Equine-Assisted Interventions
Feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more questions!
If you are a student conducting research, please send a formal letter addressed to the Communitails President (Dr. Rohani Navarro, DVM, MSc) with the following details:
- Institution/ school, year level
- Title and brief background of study
- Request from Communitails
- Indicate contact person for coordination
- Contact number
- The letter must be officially signed by the adviser/consultant
Yes, we do! Please email your letter of intent addressed to the Communitails President, Dr. Rohani Navarro, DVM, MSc. Please include any available details about the event or project as well.